Saturday, July 30, 2011
Kirby Your Enthusiasm, episode 13: "The Dirty Writer"
A RAMBLING discourse this time round. Firstly, I plug the shit out of a bunch of podcasts and websites:
* Mike Pindell's Comic Book Attic (http://comicbookattic.libsyn.com/)
* Derek Coward's Comic Book Noise (http://www.comicbooknoise.com/), AND
* Harry Cee's The Next Issue (http://thenextissue.podomatic.com/)
Also, The Next Issue has its own Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/167476376654249/?ap=1. So does this blog at http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/251545944859184/?ap=1.
And a final few plugs to:
* Lone Star Comics (http://www.mycomicshop.com/), AND
* Amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/).
I think that's the lot. :)
Next, I rave about sci-fi authors, including Philip Jose Farmer and his intriguing Riverworld and Wold Newton family concepts. Finally, I review the first three TPBs of Gail Simone's Secret Six. Flawed but fun reading.
Running time: 46 minutes
Please email me with your thoughts at Dann.Lennard@gmail.com or contact me on the KYE Facebook group page.