IN WHICH I'm joined by Lord Mark Williamson to discuss all things comics-related, beginning with a progress update on the pilot to his very funny TV series Unemployed Super-Villains.
We then discuss superhero movies, in particular The Avengers.
Next, I talk about my recent joy in completing some of my series runs including V For Vendetta and Miracleman. Thanks to Lone Star Comics.
After that, I give some rapid positive reviews to the Before Watchmen event (a longer review will appear in an upcoming podcast), Super ProK.O.! Vol. 2 (Oni Press, Jarrett Williams), Fury MAX
(Marvel, Garth Ennis & Goran Parlov), Mind MGMT (Dark Horse Originals, Matt Kindt), The Hypernaturals (BOOM!, Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning with art by Brad Walker& Andres Guinaldo) and Fashion Beast (Alan Moore, Malcolm McLaren & Antony Johnston/Artist: Facundo Percio)
I also wonder out loud whether Mark Millar is the most consistently entertaining writer right now. Lord Mark suggests Ed Brubaker. We debate the topic.And we wrap up an entertaining near-100-minute podcast with an in-depth discussion on Marvel NOW! What are the pros and cons of the reboot/reimagining? And what titles are we looking forward to?
Here's the LINK so enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment